The Center for Wellness Promotion offers following sexual health services:
- The Safer Sex Station, located on the Upper Level of the Student Health Center across from the Pharmacy, provides a wide range of fee safer sex supplies for students. Any student organization or department requesting Safer Sex Supplies in a large quantity should contact the Center for Wellness Promotion. PLEASE NOTE: To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Safer Sex Station will remain empty for the foreseeable future. Students may request condoms for free at the Student Health Center Pharmacy, or at the front desk of the Center for Wellness Promotion when staff are not teleworking during the pandemic.
- Free confidential HIV Testing on the 2nd Tuesday and 4th Thursday of every month at the Student Health Center. Call 704-687-7400 to schedule an appointment.
- Educational workshops and trainings on sexual and reproductive health and healthy relationships.
BASIC STEPS TO SEXUAL HEALTH:
- Know your STI/HIV status by getting tested for sexually transmitted infections and HIV.
- Get and give consent with your partner(s).
- Avoid using alcohol and other drugs before and during sexual intercourse.
- Have regular medical check-ups/annual exams.
- Communicate with your partner(s) about safer sex practices, including barrier methods for disease and pregnancy prevention, and birth control methods.
Sexual health resources
- Relationships and Healthy Intimacy in School
- Find a Career Preventing HIV AIDS | Expert Advice & Resources
- American Sexual Health Association
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention – Sexual Health
- Kinsey Institute – Sex, Love & Relationships
- Kinsey Institute – Sexual Health Resources
- Planned Parenthood
- Stay Teen
- The Campaign to Prevent Unplanned Pregnancy
- Go Ask Alice!
- The Pregnant Pause