The Discover Your Wellness (DYW) Passport Program is a partnership between the Center for Wellness Promotion and campus partners designed to expose students to new health and wellness information and practices and to connect them to campus resources. By participating in this initiative, students can receive academic credit from participating faculty/staff instructors for attending DYW Passport Program workshops, trainings, and events.
All DYW Passport events are coordinated and facilitated by UNC Charlotte staff members within the Health & Well-being Unit (Center for Wellness Promotion, Counseling and Psychological Services, Student Health Center, and University Recreation), and occasionally some other campus departments.
Staff members from these departments hold a variety of expertise and will host open events related to topics including:
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and other Drug use
- Addiction and Recovery Support
- Healthy Sexuality
- Healthy Relationships
- Body Positivity
- Diet and Nutrition
- Physical Fitness
- Stress/Anxiety Management
- Suicide Prevention
Please visit our Events Calendar regularly for announcements on all upcoming programs and events that meet the criteria for a Discover Your Wellness Passport Program.
Be sure to check the calendar regularly to see if events have been recently added, canceled, or modified. Arrive early. Space fills up quickly and students will be admitted on a first come, first serve basis.
For questions about specific events, please connect with the contact person listed in the "details" of the event you would like to attend.
For general questions, please contact Destine Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each participating classroom instructor will provide their students with expected procedures and guidelines for:
- Selecting Events
- Attending Events
- Handing in the Assignment
Handing in your Discovery Booklet
- Please follow the directions of your instructor. They may require more than just proof of attendance. The Center for Wellness Promotion only provides a calendar of approved events and is not involved in the grading process.
- Please return your Discovery Booklet to your Professor/Instructor at the end of the course. They will be returned to the Center for Wellness Promotion for review.
- Discovery Booklets must be marked with an official Discover Your Wellness stamp for all events as proof of attendance. You must have your Discovery Booklet with you in order to receive attendance verification.
Though we consider ourselves leaders, we are not the exclusive owners of wellness events on campus and acknowledge that external departments may coordinate wellness-related programs. If you believe your program aligns with the values of the Discover Your Wellness initiative and would like for your program to be advertised on the Wellness Discovery Calendar, please request an application for endorsement by emailing email@example.com.
All applications will be reviewed and approved/returned at the discretion of the Center for Wellness Promotion. You may be asked to provide supplemental materials as a part of the application process, in addition to meeting the criteria on the application form